Pros:- Performances are good, but Jouji Nakata completely steals the show as Kirei.
- Also Kirei is back.
- No fight sequences this time, gives us room to breathe.
- Friendship between Shirou and Saber is starting off strong.
- Flustered Rin is cute Rin.
- Illya and Berserker at the last second.
Cons:- It’ll take a minute to get adjusted to the new length.
- Knowing what happens in this route, both Kirei and Illya won’t have much to do.
- I must wait until Heaven’s Feel to see Kirei and Illya at their true potential.
- Have to wait a week for the next battle.
Personal WTF’s:- Whoa Rin, nice ass.
- Y’know Saber, you could just tell Shirou that Kiritsugu was your master, is that so hard?
- KOTOMINE KIREI!!!!
- Kiritsugu was a coward you say? HA!!! HE BEAT YOUR SORRY ASS!!!
- Archer: I shall now begin the part of the story where I’m a dick.
Final Thoughts:- After the last 2 episodes, it’s a bit jarring to slip into the standard runtime, but it’ll pass pretty quickly.
The episode was very good, but that’s mostly because of Kirei’s introduction, and while he doesn’t have much to do in Unlimited Blade Works, it’s still great to see his cold, calculating character again.
The relationship between both Rin/Shirou and Sabar/Shirou seems to be handled well too, with hints of romance on Rin’s end and a strong friendship brewing on Saber’s.
This week was a chance to catch our breath, because we all know what’s coming next week. Prepare for Ufotable Berserker!!!